Thursday, March 6, 2008

Five For Friday

Here's some new jams to downloand before you head to spring break, sitting at work and need new ish on the i-pod, or if you're like Heidi you put songs on your 1988 boombox and have dance contests versus your alter ego...its been a long time, I shouldn't have left you without some dope beats to step to

#5 Snoop Dogg Feat Too Short & Mistah F.A.B-Life Of The Party

These are the kinda beats that Snoop needs to be on. Snoop has admitted that he isn't penning much of his rhymes on this cd which is supposed to be the biggest sin in hip-hop but I really don't care Snoop has paid his dues...this trak is def nice



#4 N.E.R.D-Everyone Nose

I am pretty sure this already made one of my 5 for Fridays but whatever. This is one of the dopest traks i have heard in a minute. Pharrell is comign strong, Chad is back in teh studio. I have a feeling this is going to be the summer album that catches people by suprise. Lovin the tracks not so subtle refrence to doing coke and the beat is crazy. Did anyone see Pharrell's spaz dance at the BET Rip the Runway? Dude somehow always makes it work...def excited to see em in a couple weeks in concert.



#3 Gnarls Barkley-Going On

Any other week this would have easily been #1. Run has been a top 5 favorite track so far in 08 and did anyone see the video? It was bananas and well they are banning from TV because it may cause seizures? Haha wtf? Gnarls Barkley's new cd is def better than St Elsewhere which was almost a classic as well.



#2 Rick Ross Feat Jay-Z-Maybach Music

PSA I am not a huge Rick Ross fan at all, I like Hustlin & Blow off his last effort but i thought the rest was garbage. So far he has released Speedin & The Boss for his new cd and both have gotten constant burn from me. Then on Monday I get this track Luxury Tax where Wayne and everyone kills it. Here is the 4th track I have heard off the album and it's not a club anthem, no gimmick ringtone ish. Just some rela hip-hop and they both kill their verses. Life's a bitch so the whole world is miiiine. Just gave Ross' whole cd a listen today, it is def a solid album, watch for it.



#1 Madonna Feat Justin Timberlake-4 Minutes

So I knew for the past year that Madonna has been in England recording exclusively with Timbo & Danja as well is the Neptunes (from what I hear there will be 12 traks 7 Neptunes/5 Timbo/Danja) and I have to admit I wasn't sure how this would really work. This is the 1st song I have heard from the project and I must say Madonna is still coller than me, not that that takes a whole lot but she is like 45. The beat is crazy...expect a very club influnced album with the best producers from VA handling their business. Oh yeah Kanye will be doing a guess spot on "Beat Goes On"

No comments: